Friday 30 December 2011

Crochet lampshade - part 2

About six months ago I decided to make my (soon to be) mother in law, a crochet lampshade.

She has often admired mine but the colours are way off what she would like herself. After we moved in to our current house we had problem after problem and worry after worry..I felt like she  had been there for us throughout all of our woes and so I decided to make her a lampshade to say thank-you.

Now, I am a person who tends to get bored of working on just one thing at a time and in the end I got fairly bogged down with other projects, making things for sales and generally being a bit rubbish. It sat looking like this for AGES


It got to the point where I couldn't bear to look at it or think about it..uurgh, so depressing.

Eventually I was so disgusted with my lazy attitude towards it, I decided to pull my finger out the week before Chirstmas and finish the lampshade..and here it is.
Although it is not my choice of colours, I am happy with it.
And so, on Christmas day when it was opened. It was instantly placed on my standard lamp base for a good showing off..and it looked alright..phew.

So, that is another work in progress done and on to the next! yey!x

2 comments:

  1. I very much like this lampshade! The effect is very good, was it difficult to attach to the frame?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was quite fiddly, not too difficult though. I used a slip stitch around the frame. Once you get into the swing of it, it is ok. I find that if you sew the squares up in the middle first, then all you have to do is attach them to the frame down the edges which makes it a whole lot easier - I didn't do that the first time, I hooked them on one by one... got very achey hands as a reward!

    ReplyDelete